MLB.com and MapQuest just launched an original video series, "Key to the City
," hosted by Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre comedian, Matt Fisher, to accompany MapQuest's completely customized content featuring Stadium Guides for all 30 MLB teams. Additionally, MapQuest's editorial team enlisted area travel experts to draft Game-day Guides that provide guidance for travelers and locals to enhance experiences before and after the first pitch.
MLB "Key to the City" Video Series
The original video series, "Key to the City," features new, original custom content for MapQuest's community of travelers and baseball lovers. Upright Citizens Brigade comedian and MLB super fan, Matt Fisher, hosts the new "Key to the City" video series with a unique, 5-minute episode on what to do on game days in big baseball towns. From iconic tourism attractions to local hangouts to hidden gems, the "Key to the City" series highlights the heart of each city with an itinerary best experienced with the industry-first, seamless MapQuest integration.
Feature cities include:
MLB Stadium Guides
- Denver: Today, June 10, home to the Colorado Rockies
- New York City: New York Yankees on Monday, June 16, 2014
- Los Angeles: Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday, June 24, 2014
- Chicago: Chicago Cubs on Monday, June 30, 2014
- Washington, DC: Washington Nationals, Summer 2014
- Boston: Boston Red Sox, Summer 2014
The new "Key to the City" video series complement MapQuest's original baseball stadium Gameday guides, expert editorial created by seasoned journalists who know MLB stadiums and cities inside-and-out. Each of the 30 team-specific Stadium Guides features six chapters:
- Welcome to the Stadium: History and key information
- Before the Game: Get to know the best offerings near the stadiums
- Inside the Stadium: From gluten-free fare to exclusive micro-brews
- Game on a Budget: When to buy, where to sit and the deals inside
- Best Bets for Families: Make a child's first-visit memorable or get tips on the best experiences for families
- After the Game: From celebrating to drowning game-day sorrows, these places are worth the stop
The new content comes on the heels of the MLB.com and MapQuest partnership to deliver MapQuest-powered mapping and directions through an exclusive app-to-app experience within the "MLB.com At the Ballpark" smartphone app, as well as integrated into MLB.com and all 30 MLB team websites. As part of the official partnership, MapQuest created custom-branded MLB team experiences, available within its iOS and Android apps, and developed original MLB content to enhance local experiences.