Oct 14th 2013
Oct 3rd 2013
Whether you're interested in videos, trending stories or general lifestyle info, the app allows users to prioritize what they view in a "news stream" format, while learning preferences over time to reflect individualized programming based on personal interests.
If you'd like to share a story, you can quickly push out via email, Facebook and Twitter. Afraid that there's a ton of great material but not enough time to digest it all? No problem; you can also save your favorite stories and videos to access later.
Sit back, relax, and visit iTunes or Google Play to start perusing - and stay up-to-date with everything that matters to you!
For updates and the latest news from AOL, follow@AOLPRon Twitter.
Sep 11th 2013
Today, aligning with our goal of simplifying advertising at scale for advertisers, publishers and agencies, we are announcing a number of product enhancements to Pictela that make working with premium formats easier and more efficient than ever:
- Turbo boost the creation of custom ads. Pictela has always been distinguished by its library of premium, award-winning templates (like the IAB's Rising Star formats including the 300x1050 Devil unit) that can be used to launch rich ads quickly and easily-no coding required. Now, Pictela also provides a platform for bringing custom formats of any size to life, allowing valued in-house developers and designers to automate some of the more basic and mechanical aspects of ad building so that they can shift their focus to creative innovation.
- Cloud-based collaboration. Pictela's new centralized, browser-based workflow tool enables designers, producers, clients, traffickers and other key stakeholders to collaborate on ad design, testing and approvals in real-time. This feature helps reduce the inefficiencies involved in endless email chains and back and forth phone calls, resulting in fewer errors, more effective collaboration and faster time-to-market.
- Real-time control. Advertisers and publishers want to be able to act on incoming data about how premium ads are performing. Pictela now allows users to update or publish changes to live campaigns in real-time, in order to optimize impact. Pictela also supports greater control of cross-platform ad development, ensuring that premium messages look great whether they are appearing on a desktop, smart phone or tablet.
AOL Networks is also launching a global Innovation Lab. The Lab will bring together top tier advertising tech talent from AOL Networks and marketing brand and technology executives to solve core business challenges they face in the ad technology space. The goal is to run hackathon style collaborations and deploy a creative solution within a 48-hour timeframe that delivers on the clients marketing business objectives, using AOL's mix of scalable solutions, technology and platforms. The lab aims to challenge the status quo in internet advertising by delivering premium, industry first solutions for brands at scale.
AOL Networks Announces Pictela Product Enhancements & the Launch of its New Global Innovation Lab: http://t.co/0TOi8U144y- AOL PR (@AOLPR) September 11, 2013
Jun 27th 2013
Whether it is happening in Washington, Wall Street, Hollywood, or Main Street, the AOL app will always surface the day's key stories. The app learns a user's preferences and reflects individualized programming based on their personal news interests. The app allows users to actively customize their top level news stream to see more (or less) of the stories and videos they want. Users can also save stories or videos for later, or quickly share them via email, Facebook or Twitter.
We designed the app to let users create their own browsing experience. It delivers AOL's best news, videos, trending stories and lifestyle info, and presents them in an engaging "news stream" format.
In addition, the app gives AOL members integrated access to the brand-new, tablet-optimized AOL Mail experience. Members can read and send emails, easily email their favorite stories to friends, and scan newsletters and programming alerts without launching new apps or going into a separate environment.
This is just the beginning of our work on the AOL app. It harkens backs to our core values of making the Internet easy and fun. An app for the Android tablet, as well as mobile apps for both Android and iPhone, are in the works and will be available later this year. We will continue to add new features and look forward to feedback.
The app is available for download by following this link to the App Store on an iPad, or click here to receive an email with the link.
Feb 16th 2012
Today we've unveiled AOL's brand-new iPad site! We've optimized the entire experience to make it super tablet-friendly. Check it out by going to aol.com on your iPad and then tell us what you think.
This new design provides an easy and fun way to browse through more of AOL's best content including top news, local and entertainment headlines.
- AOL Mail – Tap on the Mail icon at the top of the page to quickly go to your AOL Mail account. Or, sign in to the page itself to get a dedicated mail preview section so that you can see up to 20 previews of your latest unread messages. You can swipe to review your mail, tap on previews to open messages, tap on the compose icon to open compose view, and tap on the header to open your inbox.
- Apps – Tap on the Apps icon at the top of the page to visit our Mobile Desktop Tablets page and view all available AOL Apps and Mobile Web channels. You'll also find AOL Apps promoted further down the page as well.
- Top News – View top news headlines with images. Swipe to see all headlines, tap an item to read the full article, and tap on the header to open Huffington Post Front Page to see all articles.
- Video – Swipe to see featured videos and tap to to play selected videos. Once the video experience is open, you can play that video or tap on additional featured videos below.
- AOL Music MP3 of the Day – Swipe this section to preview the latest 20 days of AOL Music's MP3 of the Day. Tap play to listen to selection. It will play in-line with continuous play of all 20 MP3s.
- Moviefone – Swipe see all listings of movies now playing in theaters. If location is set, you will see movie times for nearest theater and movie trailer.
Learn more about the new site and its features by reading the AOL.com Blog.
Introducing our new iPad site aol.it/xmzP6q- AOL PR (@AOLPR) February 16, 2012