Nov 3rd 2014
This initiative and the capabilities it provides align with AOL's open programmatic strategy, which includes an advanced programmatic guaranteed offering available through AOL Platforms. Efficient transactions between multiple publishers and buying platforms have the potential to dramatically accelerate the growth of automated guaranteed buying.
The specs were originally developed by AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo and Yieldex and were brought to the IAB and the Digital Advertising Automation Task Force to be part of their existing automation efforts to gain wider industry participation, and drive adoption across the ecosystem.
To review and or comment on "OpenDirect 1.0," please visit www.iab.net/opendirect. The public comment period is open through Dec. 3, 2014.
Jul 15th 2013
Some highlights from the guidelines:
- Ad Networks are committed to maintaining high quality standards for advertisers and publishers and at the same time respecting intellectual property rights to maintain a healthy Internet and promote innovation.
- The best practices include (among other things):
- Maintaining and posting policies intended to discourage or prevent, to the extent possible, websites that are principally dedicated to selling counterfeit goods, engaging in copyright piracy or otherwise violating laws from participating in the ad network;
- Accepting and processing proper notices from rights holders regarding websites participating in the Ad Network alleged to be principally dedicated to selling counterfeit goods or engaging in copyright piracy and to have no substantial non-infringing uses; and
- Providing guidance for the content of a proper notice and identifying the designated agent to receive such notice.
- The best practices are intended to encourage and supplement, not replace, responsible and direct independent actions taken by intellectual property owners to enforce their intellectual property rights and are not intended to impose a duty on any Ad Network to monitor its network to identify offending websites.
As part of this initiative, AOL, along with Yahoo, Microsoft and Google, established this set of self-regulating best practices to address known infringing sites in their respective ad networks.
AOL has been building trust with our users for more than 28 years. And we have been equally committed to maintaining high quality standards for advertisers and publishers – taking piracy and counterfeiting seriously. Many of the best practices guidelines very much mirror what we have been doing all along at AOL and, consequently, we quickly supplemented our current practice and are now in compliance with the best practices. Advertising.com boasts one of the best networks in terms of quality, which is part of our success story, and this initiative will reinforce that. I commend the collaborative efforts of the participating Ad Networks and the industry to help combat online piracy.
May 9th 2013
IAB's Digital Media Sales Certification program, established in 2012, is the first-ever educational standard for digital media sales teams, creating a professional benchmark for the digital advertising field. The program is created by and for industry experts and AOL will benefit by ensuring they have the most knowledgeable sales teams possible.
The certification knowledge areas include:
- Comprehending the Digital Advertising Ecosystem
- Selling Digital Media
- Managing Digital Advertising Campaigns
- Analyzing Campaign Performance
This certification is the highest industry credential for digital media sales professionals and it's a badge AOL's sales teams will wear proudly.
Click here to learn more about AOL Advertising.
Aug 30th 2012
AOL's Hunger Games Premium Format ad campaign has been named a finalist in the 2012 international IAB MIXX Awards, sponsored by the Interactive Advertising Bureau. The winners will be announced on October 2nd. The ad unit, launched in February to build momentum for the premiere of Hunger Games in March, is one of four finalists in the Single-IAB Standard Rich Media Display Ad and Single-Location-Based Advertising categories. The Devil ad showcases HD video assets, print-quality images and features the Moviefone showtime finder.
In addition, Live Better America, AOL's custom publishing platform built for General Mills that launched Aug. 2, has been nominated for a 2012 OMMA Award for Web Site Excellence in the Health & Wellness category. The OMMA Awards for Online Advertising Creativity recognize the year's most innovative and brilliant online advertising creative, campaigns and websites across 65 categories in three disciplines. Winners will be announced on October 1st.
The Live Better America brand lives across General Mills' www.livebetteramerica.com, AOL's LiveBetterAmerica.aol.com and Everyday Health's EveryDayHealth.com/LiveBetterAmerica and targets baby boomers. AOL's content taps into The Huffington Post's lifestyle content across multiple sections, including Travel, Healthy Living and HuffPost 50.
May the odds be ever in our favor!
Jul 13th 2012
Goviral was sponsor this week of the Internet Advertising Bureau UK Great British Social Media Festival, which attracted a sold-out crowd in East London. Mads Holmen, goviral Planning Director, spoke to delegates at the annual event, designed to inform and educate about the importance of a robust, well-thought out, relevant social media strategy through new case studies, research and first-hand insights.
Mads' presentation, 'Engaging Generation Social,' was well received and sent Twitter wild. He discussed the prominence of social media, with the social generation forecast to become the biggest consumer group on the planet by 2015. Mads also discussed how the role of advertising will adapt to engage, impact and give generation social a reason to be receptive. Representatives from Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Samsung were also on hand at the event.
Learn more about Goviral and its video offerings here and read about more social insights Mads presented at Social Media Week in February.