heidi klum posts
Jun 21st 2012
Memorial day has come and gone, signifying that summer has officially begun! Instead of relaxing by the pool or soaking in the sun, approximately 100 interns have joined the bustling AOL team in our NYC offices this summer. Interns from around the nation can be found gaining valuable work experience in a wide variety of ways, whether it's spending time as associate editors at The Huffington Post, contributing to the AOL On Network's Ad Operations & Reporting team, or assisting the AOL Events team with the annual Cannes International Advertising Festival!
On Wednesday, June 13th, to kick off a fun summer of Intern Event Programming, nearly 50 interns gathered to learn more about Social Media from AOL's Director of Social Media & Internal Communications, Matt Knell. Matt and his social media savvy intern, Sarah Cooley, enlightened the crowd on what social media means to a business vs. an individual, as well as how different AOL brands and projects are best utilizing social media. Interns were particularly interested to learn that engagement and interaction numbers (i.e. "Facebook shares" and "retweets") are considered more important in determining social media's value than the number of Facebook "likes" or Twitter followers.
Following Matt's presentation, interns had an opportunity to munch on Baked by Melissa's Cupcakes while meeting fellow interns from teams with whom they might not typically work. AOL On Network's Paul Cooney (Fordham) and fellow intern Ally Shapiro, (Vanderbilt) who works on the Heidi Klum website, swapped stories about their contrasting experiences thus far, while Studio Now's Cooper Rowe (University of Kansas) and Huffington Post Celebrity's Chris Murphy (Princeton) discussed the best things to do in New York City this summer.
Interested in joining the AOL team for a summer or long term? Check out our careers page here.
Apr 24th 2012
At AOL, we want to bring people closer to the things that matter, while helping them discover and share stories and information that color their lives, especially when it comes to video. Today we announced the launch of The AOL On Network – a new video platform that offers premium content across 14 content channels including food, business, entertainment, style, tech, travel, health and others, and reaches nearly 57 million U.S. consumers.*
You can experience AOL On content across the desktop, mobile and tablet optimized sites and apps, and in the living room through AOL On HD via Samsung, Sony, Roku, Google TV, Boxee and Yahoo! Connected TV devices.
The launch of The AOL On Network was announced at AOL's 2012 Digital Content NewFront, where more than 450 brand advertisers, marketers, agencies and digital and TV media buyers came together to see AOL's new slate of video programming, meet original programming producers and casts, and experience the power and reach of the AOL brand.
* comScore March 2012; total U.S. viewers
See the full press release here.
Nov 22nd 2011
Just in time for the holiday season, "Heidi's Holiday Gift Guides" have officially launched! Users will now be able to get great gift advice straight from Heidi Klum. The guides are the perfect way to generate ideas for festive (and last minute!) gifts, and will transcend everything from accessories and make-up to lifestyle and sweet treats.
Consisting of 7-10 unique gift guides, the holiday campaign will run from today until January 2nd and is sponsored by Coty, a leading global beauty company. You can find all of the gift guides on http://heidiklum.aol.com/, in the site's "I Love" section, next to Heidi's regular "I Love" updates. The site launches today with "Gifts for Fitness Fanatics" and other examples will include, "Sweet Treats", "Last Minute Gifts", and "Few of Heidi's Favorite Things".
Oct 24th 2011
Who's the Most Creative 'Little Pumpkin' In All of Patchland? Heidi Klum Teams Up with Patch For Halloween Contest
The model, TV star, entrepreneur and mother of her own four trick-or-treaters feels the same way about Halloween that we feel about candy corn: we can never get enough, and we wish it were around all year, not just in October. That's why this Halloween, Heidi and Patch are teaming up for "Patch's Little Pumpkin Costume Challenge"! With a committee of highly trained Halloween costume experts (drawn from our editors in over 850 towns coast to coast) choosing the ten most creative kids' costumes, Heidi will select the grand prize winner, who will be flown to New York City or Los Angeles for a 3-day, 2-night getaway for 2...including a meet-and-greet with The Queen of Halloween herself, Heidi Klum!
Since Patch is all about giving back to our communities, each of the nine runners-up and the grand prize winner will receive $1031 (get it?! 10/31! Halloween!) to donate to a local charity of his or her choice.
What more could you ask for (other than, y'know, more candy corn)?! It's fun, creative, a chance to show off how adorable your kids are, and all for a darn good cause. And speaking of good causes, please support Heidi's efforts to feed the hungry by visiting Trick of Treat for UNICEF (and find more of Heidi's Halloween favorites at heidiklum.aol.com).
Check out this video from one of our Patch sites for more info...All you have to do to get started is visit Patch.com, select the state you live in, and click on the name of your town! And through 9 pm on October 31, 2011, upload a photo of your child, 12 years of age or younger, in his or her Halloween costume. Full rules are here.
Happy Halloween, all...and, of course, boo! (We hope that wasn't too terrifying.)
(This post originally ran on the Patch Blog.)
Oct 7th 2011
It's no secret that online video is popular. Really popular. In fact, we've grown unique visitors to our video properties 86% year over year*. We've have grown our library to more than 300,000 premium videos and we've been #1 in video on key topics such as technology, autos, travel, fashion, food and home. AOL Video is one of the top-10 video platforms on the Web with 43.9 million unique viewers and 403.6 million U.S. streams per month**. We believe in the future of online video and bringing it to our consumers everywhere they live on AOL.
Our original series, You've Got, our one-minute daily series on AOL.com, just surpassed 100 million views.
Our relaunched Sessions series on AOL Music, grew 208% year over year***, and attracted 3 million streams in August 2011.
But not to rest on our laurels, we're going to take it to a whole new level. We're excited to announce 15 new original video series featuring some of the biggest names in the entertainment business about some of the topics our consumers care most about. Some of the series are already live, and the remaining series will roll out over the next several months. Many of the shows are produced in-house by the AOL Studios team in Los Angeles and New York.
Included in these new series, is "Tiger Beat Entertainment", an entertainment news and lifestyle show for teens and young adults, produced in collaboration with Jennifer Lopez and her company Nuyorican Productions, along with Believe Entertainment Group. It will be distributed through and in partnership with AOL and Cambio, a venture of the Jonas Group, MGX Lab and AOL, and will be produced at Cambio's Hollywood studio.
Here's a snapshot of the rest of our exciting new series, featuring a lot of names you know:
- Little Women, Big Cars: From bake sales and soccer games to gossip and divorce, four moms navigate the comedy and drama of suburban life. Starring Ed Begley Jr., Antonio Sabato, Jr., Julie Warner and Kristy Swanson. Produced by Vuguru.
- A Supermodel Stole My Husband: A lighthearted makeover show in which a frustrated wife enlists an adored supermodel to help transform her husband. Produced by AOL Studios.
- Heidi Klum on AOL: A guide to fabulous living for everyday women, including fashion, beauty, parenting, lifestyle, fitness and nutrition. Produced by Full Picture.
- Jocks & Jills: Sports show meets The View in a fresh and funny sports talk show hosted by a rotating panel of diverse celebrity guests. Produced by Flavor Unit Productions.
- Lost in Translation: Reality series following Angie Martinez, hip hop DJ and famous 'Nuyorican,' as she attempts to learn Spanish, learn to cook, date and reclaim her Puerto Rican heritage. Produced by Flavor Unit Productions.
- Fearless Living: Based on her bestselling book, On Becoming Fearless, Arianna Huffington, looks at the many aspects of living a fearless life – from motherhood and parenting to beauty and health to navigating the workplace to friendship, relationships, and aging gracefully. Produced by AOL Studios.
- The Tanning Effect: Steve Stoute, bestselling author of The Tanning of America, interviews entertainment icons and pop culture thought leaders including Jay-Z and Pharrell Williams; the series is sponsored by State Farm. Produced by AOL Studios.
- Sessions: Original, exclusive performances with hitmakers like Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Adele and Lady Gaga. Produced by AOL Studios.
- Unscripted: Celebrity co-stars interview each other – with users' burning questions. Past talent includes Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Aniston, Robert Pattinson and Adam Sandler. Produced by AOL Studios.
- You've Got: Everyday, everyone from Barack Obama to Elmo to Matt Damon tells the world what "You've Got". Produced by AOL Studios.
- Autoblog - The List: Hosts who consider themselves true automotive aficionados must tackle crazy car challenges off of 'The List,' created by Autoblog's expert editors. Produced by AOL Studios.
- The Interface: Exclusive performances from breaking artists, including the best up-and-coming artists like Mumford and Sons, Rogue Wave, Manchester Orchestra and The National. Produced by AOL Studios.
- MMA Hour: Get up close and personal with the celebrities of the MMA Fighting world, from the web's best MMA Fighting resource. Produced by AOL Studios.
- The Engadget Show: Industry leaders and tech luminaries take the stage in front of one of the largest audiences of tech enthusiasts. Produced by AOL Studios.
- CliffsNotes Films: Short, animated, irreverent and interactive versions of literary classics, with Sony Pictures' film Anonymous (releasing October 28th) as the exclusive sponsor of the first six shorts. Produced by Mark Burnett, Coalition Films, Josh Faure-Brac and AOL Studios.
- AIM High: TV broadcast-quality action series following Nick Green as he juggles high school with being a secret government agent. Starring Jackson Rathbone from Twilight and Aimee Teegarden from Friday Night Lights. Produced by Warner Brothers.
We hope you tune in. Thanks for watching.
*August 2011 comScore Video Metrix
**June 2011 comScore Video Metrix, based on Content Type Videos
***August 2011 Omniture SiteCatalyst