You may have seen that PawNation was redesigned in late March, in partnership with BermanBraun. Within just a few weeks PawNation is the Web's #1 Pet Content site* and the #2 Community Pet site**, providing animal lovers with the latest pet lifestyle, nutrition, training, behavior and grooming news.
The incredible growth we've seen in just a short period of time shows the strength of AOL's distribution and the quality of the content on the site. Readers can find the perfect mix of tips, news, pet health and product reviews, plus videos and photos of the cutest animals on the planet.
Features on PawNation include:
- Pet Profiles – Owners can create profiles and upload photos of their pets to compete in the 'Who's Cutest?' game, as well as vote and earn badges for their pet.
- Featured Columns – Many unique personalities pen columns for PawNation, including PawNation's mascots Chopper and Cairo, Matilda, the resident feline of New York City's Algonquin Hotel; Lucy, a world traveling pampered pooch; the Bronx Zoo Cobra, made famous after his escape from the zoo last year, and Randall, the narrator behind the viral "Honey Badger" video.
- The Dish – A news hub of current events, celebrity pet updates, and causes and op-ed pieces about trending topics from the animal kingdom.
- Adoptions – Adoption tips and pet matches are made available through a partnership with PetFinder.
- Dog and Cat Symptom Checkers - Powered by petMD, this tool helps owners determine their pet's ailments.
To celebrate the relaunch of PawNation, AOL and BermanBraun will host a Pet Rally in New York City on Saturday, April 14th in Tompkins Square Park from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Attendees are encouraged to bring their pets and participate in "The PawNation All-American Pet Pageant" at 1:00pm. They will also have access to a free pet photo shoot, gourmet pet treats, food trucks, giveaways, prizes and more. The North Shore Animal League will also be on site with adoptable pets. Randall, PawNation columnist and the narrator behind the viral "Honey Badger" video, will emcee the Pet Rally, judge the pet pageant with Champ the K9 Advantix® II mascot, and sign books for fans.
*March 2012 comScore Media Metrix, Custom Category built by AOL
**March 2012 comScore Media Metrix