aol networks posts
Sep 23rd 2013
The movement is about simplifying digital advertising at scale – this is our mission at AOL Networks. It's about using technology, data and automation to free up marketers and agencies to do breakthrough creative work. It's about tearing down the inefficiencies that today prevent our industry from competing in earnest for TV budgets. It's about automating what can and should be automated. And it's about defining a new way of buying in the digital space.
For traditionalists, it's easy to claim that 'programmatic' and 'upfront' don't go together; to label 'programmatic' and 'premium' as opposites. This is an empty claim - an attempt to pigeonhole automation as remnant bidding. Many benefit from keeping the industry confused because it fuels feature-based vs. solution-based businesses. But the truth is that programmatic is only synonymous with automation. That it has nothing to do with inventory quality. The fact is that the agencies, brands and publishers that leverage automated programmatic technologies take back huge budget percentages currently lost to 'features'. They lock in better brand results and they create business efficiencies that ultimately drive competitive advantages.
As an industry, we can and should make this easier than we do. As evidenced by the number of marketing executives attending the Programmatic Upfront, buyers want to double down on digital. And they want us to make it much easier and simpler than it is to do so.
With a complete, premium cross-screen and format tech platform that we are investing more and more in each day (i.e. recent acquisition of Adap.tv), AOL is doing its part to draw a line in the sand. We are asking the industry to join us. Tonight, we will demonstrate that the market is ready for change; clients will show that creativity can be the star that rises out of automation.
Check out the AOL Networks programmatic platform video below:
Sep 11th 2013
Today, aligning with our goal of simplifying advertising at scale for advertisers, publishers and agencies, we are announcing a number of product enhancements to Pictela that make working with premium formats easier and more efficient than ever:
- Turbo boost the creation of custom ads. Pictela has always been distinguished by its library of premium, award-winning templates (like the IAB's Rising Star formats including the 300x1050 Devil unit) that can be used to launch rich ads quickly and easily-no coding required. Now, Pictela also provides a platform for bringing custom formats of any size to life, allowing valued in-house developers and designers to automate some of the more basic and mechanical aspects of ad building so that they can shift their focus to creative innovation.
- Cloud-based collaboration. Pictela's new centralized, browser-based workflow tool enables designers, producers, clients, traffickers and other key stakeholders to collaborate on ad design, testing and approvals in real-time. This feature helps reduce the inefficiencies involved in endless email chains and back and forth phone calls, resulting in fewer errors, more effective collaboration and faster time-to-market.
- Real-time control. Advertisers and publishers want to be able to act on incoming data about how premium ads are performing. Pictela now allows users to update or publish changes to live campaigns in real-time, in order to optimize impact. Pictela also supports greater control of cross-platform ad development, ensuring that premium messages look great whether they are appearing on a desktop, smart phone or tablet.
AOL Networks is also launching a global Innovation Lab. The Lab will bring together top tier advertising tech talent from AOL Networks and marketing brand and technology executives to solve core business challenges they face in the ad technology space. The goal is to run hackathon style collaborations and deploy a creative solution within a 48-hour timeframe that delivers on the clients marketing business objectives, using AOL's mix of scalable solutions, technology and platforms. The lab aims to challenge the status quo in internet advertising by delivering premium, industry first solutions for brands at scale.
AOL Networks Announces Pictela Product Enhancements & the Launch of its New Global Innovation Lab: http://t.co/0TOi8U144y- AOL PR (@AOLPR) September 11, 2013
Jul 24th 2013
Coming on the heels of our successful Digital Content NewFront in late April, we announced today that we are holding the first ever Programmatic Upfront event on Sept. 23 -- the first day of Advertising Week 2013 -- for more than 150 clients, media, analysts and investors. The theme of the AOL Networks Programmatic Upfront is "Programmatic Explodes Creativity." We will celebrate the creativity headed our way as technology, data and automation free up marketers and agencies to do wildly imaginative things.
Since the 1970s, TV has been the primary beneficiary of upfront buying. In the last two years, digital has also held upfronts, with a heavy emphasis on video inventory. But as chief marketing officers and other brand stewards come to terms with the reality that proving ad spend ROI is "the new black", there is every reason to believe advertisers will soon be willing to pre-allocate media budgets against large scale display inventory.
The online advertising industry has created a fear and chaos-based environment filled with hundreds of small companies each pitching highly technical necessities to drive digital spend and achieve ROI. At AOL, we believe this must change. CMO's can't embrace digital much further without a simpler connection between people and platforms. They can't shift their budgets from TV until we - as an industry - demonstrate the true power of digital to unlock creativity.
We believe this is the first of what will become an annual industry event -- just like the Digital NewFronts. At AOL, we want to lead this new revolution and help define a new way of buying in the programmatic space.
Recent stats from eMarketer show just how big this business is and will be in the coming years. eMarketer estimates U.S. advertisers will spend more than $3.36 billion on real-time bidding this year, up from just under $2 billion in 2012 and less than $1 billion in 2011. eMarketer expects double-digit increases in spending each year through 2017, when real-time bidding will account for more than $8.49 billion in digital ad spending-or 29% of all digital display spending.*
Check out the event details below.
AOL Networks Programmatic Upfront
Date: September 23, 2013
Location: Skylight West, 500 West 36th Street (@ 10th Avenue)
Time: 5:00-7:00PM ET
Invitation only event
The event will feature marketers and agency executives who will showcase the business rationale that illustrates why upfront programmatic commitments are critical to their business strategy. Speakers will talk about the creative revolution that is made possible by automation.
Brand, agency and industry participants in the AOL Networks Programmatic Upfront will be announced at a later date.
*eMarketer Digital Intelligence Report (April 4, 2013): RTB Ad Spend Continues Robust Growth
Feb 26th 2013
We know that advertisers want to include Facebook inventory in their buys – we're seeing it on RFPs – so we're glad to be able to further meet their needs. Marketers can execute both brand and performance campaigns across screens (desktop, mobile, tablet, connected TVs), across formats (video, mobile, premium formats), and now on one of the most visited sites in the world, all with one buy through Advertising.com.
Working with Advertising.com advertisers will be able to powerfully leverage their own, and AOL's, targeting on Facebook.
At AOL Networks, our mission is to simplify digital advertising at scale. We are delivering on the intersection of premium and programmatic buying for our clients and this is another step in that direction.
* comScore Media Metrix January 2013
Feb 5th 2013
Since our formation in April 2011, our mission has always been to simplify digital advertising at scale. AOL Networks will continue to offer global advertising solutions that help increase yield through a rich and broad set of platforms, formats, and technologies. We have heard from many clients that there are an increasing number of systems and partners they need to do business with to accomplish their online marketing objectives. AOL is synonymous with premium. And in the network space, there is a real need for premium experiences. With our established leadership in video, performance and now programmatic, plus AOL's foothold in premium advertising, we are better positioned than ever to define and own a transcending solution.
AOL Networks enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile, tablet and connected TVs with impact through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands.
The brands within AOL Networks will continue to operate under their existing names, including:
- ADTECH: Dominant cross-screen global ad management and serving platform.
- Advertising.com: Massive premium, cross-screen network with 596M* global unique visitors, programmatic buying, a proprietary DSP, and network-exclusive access to AOL inventory.
- The AOL On Network:Launched at AOL's Digital Content NewFront in 2012, AOL's premium video network reaching nearly 67M** unique viewers.
- goviral: Acquired in January 2011, the branded content distributor across premium publisher network in over 90 countries.
- Pictela: Acquired in December 2010, the award-winning content-based advertising and premium formats platform behind Premium Formats.
Additionally, BuySight, the recently acquired dynamic creative optimization firm, will be packaged into the Advertising.com product suite.
The new gateway, www.aolnetworks.com, launches today, providing publishers and marketers with information on, and access to, all of the offerings in the AOL Networks premium advertising suite.
*Source: comScore December 2012
**Source: comScore December 2012