AOL has partnered with Nokia to release a new entertainment app for Windows Phone. The app is called Entrance by AOL and it's an entertainment hub that brings together the best celebrity gossip, movie & TV news, free streaming music and movie trailers, with some amazing augmented reality features in a single mobile app.
Windows Phone owners can, with a single application, read about movie, TV and celebrity news form HuffPost Entertainment and AOL Music; stream 55,000 different radio stations from SHOUTcast radio; listen to entire albums of new music for free on CD Listening Party; see show times and purchase movie tickets right inside the app, and even preview trailers or see movie posters simply by holding up your phone at the theater.
Some more of the amazing features in this app are below, and it's available to download here. For a limited time this app is available only on Nokia Windows Phones, but stay tuned for more news about different devices and platforms.
Features available in Entrance by AOL on Nokia Lumia handsets:
- Includes a first-of-its-kind Augmented Reality feature enabling users to find cinemas and showtimes playing nearby simply by holding up the Lumia smartphone as theaters, movie posters and showtimes appear overlaid on the world around them
- Moviefone integration allows users to view trailers, see nearby showtimes, and purchase movie tickets
- Includes entertainment news about movies, celebrities, music and TV from Huffington Post Entertainment and AOL Music
- SHOUTcast Radio integration enables streaming from over 55,000 global radio stations
- AOL Music and CD Listening Party (CDLP) provide free early access to full length albums from up-and-coming bands, with the option to buy and download
- Interlinked user interface allows users to navigate into and out of specific content topics to explore any movie, celebrity or song
Download the app today by clicking here.